Steam distilled oil from whole plant(except roots) of Tagetes minuta. It is cultivated in H.P. above 1000 mtr. above sea level. Material is collected & distilled when flower starts to mature.It has mosquito larvacedal activities. Whole flowring plant oil was significantly active against Lewis lung carcinoma in vivo.
E-ocimenone at 40 ppm caused 100% mortality of Aides agypti larvae in 24 hr.
Uses and Advance Studies:
• Due to marigold like odour it is used in Marigold type of Perfumes which are being used in Incense Sticks during Religious Festivals at Religious Places.
• In perfume formulations in small dosages, for creation of Apple and other fruity fragrances effects for toilet preparations.
• It is used as a modifier in hair lotions of the bay rum type.
• It is also used by Attar Industries in India.
• The oil is being used as insecticide also.
(Z) - β Ocimene, Dihydrotagetone, (Z) - Tagetone, (E) - Tagetone, (Z) - Ocimenone, (E) - Ocimenone
Physico Chemical Properties:
COLOR = Yellow to reddish.
SPECIFIC GRAVITY at 15°C = 0.84000 to 0.86000
REFRACTIVE INDEX at 15°C = 1.47500 to 1.49000
OPTICAL ROTATION = + 2 to +10
ACID No. = Below 2.
FLASH POINT = 63°C