Celery Seed Oil
Steam distilled oil from seeds of Apium graveolens.
Uses and Advance Studies:
• Celery seed oil is said to have a sedative and tonic effectr upon the central nervous system, hence the use of celery seed oil in nerve tonics.
• The principal use of this oil, however, is in the flavouring of all kinds of food prducts-canned soups and meats, sauces, and particularly in the flavouring of the popular celery salts, celery tonics, and culinary sauces.
• Celery seed oil is one of the most valuable flavoring agents, imparting warm, aromatic, and pleasing notes to food products.
• It prevent rheumatism and gout.
• Used in bronchitis asthma and to some extant in liver and spleen disease.
d-Lemonene, β-Selinene, α-Selinene, N-Butylphthalide , Lingustilide.
Physico Chemical Properties:
COLOR = Colorless to light yellow
REFRACTIVE INDEX at 25°C = 1.4700 to 1.4860
SPECIFIC GRAVITY at 25°C = 0.850 to 0.875
OPTICAL ROTATION = +60° to +80°
ACID No. = Upto 5.
FLASH POINT = 56°C