Cedar Wood Oil Himalyan
Cedar wood Oil Himalyan is distilled from Roots & Stumps of Cedrus Deodara which has been left after cutting of Deodar trees for timber extraction. These stumps and roots are removed in a scientific way. The pits so formed are filled consolidated and due to self sprouting of seeds or planting a sapling new forest has grown up.
Crude Oil rectified by giving alkali wash is called Rectified Cedar wood oil. Cedar Wood Oil rich in Himanchalene is called Supper Rectified Oil and the oil rich in Atlantone and higher fraction removing Resin is Called Perfumery Grade.
Uses and Advance Studies:
• Due to its woody odour, epidermic and antiseptic properties it is used for soap fragrance.
• Being non-toxic to mammals it is used to control house hold insects in place of pyretherin.
• Cedar Wood Oil is fungi toxic so used in fungicides.
• Also control the development of leaf spot disease of paddy in preliminary in vivo investigation.
• The oil control the fungal deterioration of some spices during storage.
• Cedar oil is useful in reducing inflammation, dyspepsia, insomnia, bronchitis, leucoderma, opthalmia ect. it is Diuretic & Carminative.
• It is useful in rhumatism, epilepsy & Kidney disorders.
• The terpentine present in it is used to cure Ulcers & Leprosy.
Himachalene, Himachalol, Alohimachalol, Deodrone, Cedrol, Iso-Alohimachalol & Atlantone.
Physico Chemical Properties:
COLOUR = Yellow.
REFRACTIVE INDEX at 25°C = 1.500 to 1.510
SPECIFIC GRAVITY at 25°C = 0.930 to 0.950
OPTICAL ROTATION = +48° to +75°
ACID No. = Below 1.
FLASH POINT = 118°C.